Associate Director for Systems; Interim Associate Director for Technical Services
Stuart Spore is head of LMIG (the Library Medical Informatics Group), which is responsible for overall management of the NYU Health Sciences Libraries' systems, including desktops (both staff and public), Library servers, Library websites, and technical support for a wide range of Library services and programs.
Stuart serves on numerous Library and Medical Center teams, committees, and task forces.
Since 2000 Stuart has taken a lead role in the development and maintenance of the School of Medicine's Faculty Bibliography and two related databases, Dental Faculty Bibliography and the College of Nursing Faculty Bibliography. The School of Medicine Faculty Bibliography is the source of record for faculty publishing metrics. Stuart has also been a participant in the development of Find-a-Researcher, an online tool for identifying researchers at NYU Langone Medical Center.
Stuart has a BA in Classics from Marlboro College, an MS in Linguistics from NYU, and an MLIS from the University of Illinois. His research interests include bibliometrics and informatics as it relates to the practical provision of sophisticated library services.
- Spore, Stuart. Extracurricular activities : Alexandria, Virginia, 1964. [Web Site], 2011.
- Spore, Stuart. Rochdale College Museum. [Web Site], 1998-.
- Willcox, Sallie; Anglin, Carlita; Dement, Fritz; Spore, Stuart; Schanback, Mindy. Journal of consumer health on the Internet. 2011; 15(1):1-12.
- Spore, Stuart. Singing in Grade School : Fairfax County, Virginia, 1957/1958. [Web Site], 2009.
- Cuddy, C; Wu, C; Spore, S; Needleman, M; Schlumpf, P. Proceedings of the ASIS Annual Meeting. 2002; 39(1):529-530.
- Spore, Stuart. Reinventing the acquisitions list. Trends in law library management & technology. 1995; 6(8):7-8.
- Spore, Stuart. Facing the challenge of electronic documents. American Association of Law Libraries newsletter. 1994; 26(2):1-3.
- Spore, Stuart. Follow the yellow brick road: learning to give, take, and use instructions. Technicalities. 1993; 13(5):14-16.
- Spore, Stuart. Academic Computing & Networking at NYU. 1992; 2(2):11, 17-.
- Spore, Stuart. Book Review: Modeling legal argument. Trends in law library management & technology. 1991; 4(7):1-2.
- Spore, Stuart. Downloading from the OPAC: the Innovative Interfaces environment. Library hi-tech. 1991; 9(2):69-79.
- Spore, Stuart. Library software review. 1989. (March/April):
- Spore, Stuart. Library software review. 1988.
- Spore, Stuart. Library software review. 1988. (March/April):
- Spore, Stuart. Library software review. 1987.
- Spore S. Live wires, third rails, and where to find them. Upper Tract, WVA : Smoke Hole Press, 1967. 7-29.