School of Medicine faculty can update data in the Faculty Bibliography using MyInfo. (College of Nursing and College of Dentistry faculty should submit corrections directly to email@example.com.)
You can search the Faculty Bibliography here.
To update using MyInfo
First, navigate to MyInfo by logging in to My e-Connect and choosing My Other Info from the left-side menu. In the window that pops up, choose the "Publications" tab in the middle.
MyInfo gives the individual faculty member the ability to review and correct their entries in the NYU School of Medicine Faculty Bibliography. In addition it shows recent additions to the national PubMed database that the individual faculty member may want to add to their listings.
Under the MyInfo Publications Tab you will see two types of entries:
- Faculty Bibliography entries. These appear in black. These are citations that are currently in the Faculty Bibliography. Beneath each citation there are two options:
- Display in Biosketch? - If this option is checked the citation in will appear in faculty member's School of Medicine Biosketch page (if s/he has one).
- Not my paper. Remove from the bibliography. - If this option is checked the citation will be entirely removed from the Faculty Bibliography
- PubMed entries. These appear in green. These citations are publications added to Pubmed during the last 60 days that appear to be authored by the faculty member. These citations are NOT actually part of the Faculty Bibliography. They are provided as a convenience. Because author names are often ambiguous it's common that articles included are not in fact by the correct author. Beneath each citation there are two options:
- Display in Biosketch? - If this option is checked the citation in will appear in faculty member's School of Medicine Biosketch page (if she has one). Checking this option will have no effect unless the following option ("Add to my bibliography") is also checked.
- New from Pubmed. Add to my bibliography. - If this option is checked the Pubmed citation will added to the Faculty Bibliography. If this option is not checked the Pubmed citation will be ignored.
The library's objective is a truly comprehensive bibliography. We are continually working to add citations and otherwise improve the data and its usability. We encourage all faculty and departments to make every effort to ensure that they are fully and fairly represented in the Bibliography. The best way to do this is for individual faculty to regularly review their listings and submit additions and corrections via My e-Connect.