Who We Serve
The NYU Health Sciences Library’s primary users are the students, faculty, and staff of the NYU School of Medicine, NYU Hospitals Center, and NYU College of Dentistry. This policy outlines levels of access to the library’s locations, collections, and services for various categories of users. Please Ask the Library or call 212-263-5394 if you have any questions about this policy.
Physical Access allows only for on-site use of the library and its resources.
This level of access does not allow for borrowing materials or remote access to electronic resources.
Physical access is granted to:
- Faculty and current students of medical and dental schools within 50 miles of NYU Langone Medical Center
- Staff of Volunteer/Temporary programs at Bellevue Hospital
Limited Access provides the privileges of Physical Access, in addition to borrowing library materials and use of the library’s Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan service.*
Limited Access does not allow for remote access to electronic resources, except for those resources available through the Alumni Digital Library.
Limited Access is granted to
- Alumni of NYU School of Medicine and NYU College of Dentistry
*Restrictions and fees apply. See our Document Delivery info page or call 212-263-5388 for more information.
Full Access provides the privileges of Limited Access, in addition to remote access to the library’s electronic resources.
Full Access is granted to:
- Current students, faculty, and staff of NYU School of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center, and NYU College of Dentistry.
- Current students, faculty, and staff of New York University (Note: NYU users will be referred to the Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan service at their affiliated library.)
- Staff of Volunteer/Temporary programs at NYU Langone Medical Center.