The NYU Health Sciences Library (NYUHSL) staff and the library’s Education and Clinical Support team welcome applications from collaborative, organized, creative and dynamic candidates for the position of Graduate Medical Education (GME) Librarian, a faculty appointment in the NYU Grossman School of Medicine.
The GME Librarian is essential in connecting residents with resources that drive and innovate the evidence-based care process, improve quality outcomes, and contribute to the culture of inquiry. The successful candidate will strengthen existing partnerships across GME and will have the opportunity to develop and implement new innovative evidence-based medicine programming. The GME librarian will also collaborate with members of the Library’s Education and Clinical Support team to provide consultation services, conduct literature searches, develop information wayfinding tools for residents, and participate in residency-related forums such as morning reports, rounds, and clinical conferences. The ideal candidate will demonstrate familiarity with established medical library resources/services as well as enthusiasm for exploring new technologies and innovations in medical education.
NYU Langone Health is a complex health system comprised of multiple hospitals and ambulatory care practices. The GME Librarian will most often engage with residents in their preferred environments, typically outside the library and potentially at multiple different hospital locations across the area. The successful candidate will demonstrate approachability and a user-centric perspective in interactions.
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, and is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. The Health Sciences Library supports the mission and vision of NYU Langone Health through forging meaningful connections with our users, providing innovative services, curating a top-tier digital collection, providing user-focused spaces, and committing ourselves to excellence and innovation.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the general supervision of the Lead of Education and Curriculum Integration, the successful candidate will
- Foster relationships, build strategic partnerships, and lead outreach efforts to residency and fellowship programs;
- Provide small group, virtual, and classroom-based trainings;
- Provide personal consultations with library users;
- Participate in on-site information services to residents, such as morning report, rounds, and other clinical activities;
- Address emerging technologies such as generative AI in education: leverage new tools to improve educational outcomes and provide training in appropriate use of relevant emerging technologies;
- Collaborate with departments across the institution to develop innovative programs addressing emerging trends in graduate medical education;
- Create and maintain asynchronous training materials, such as LibGuides, to support resident education;
- Create and maintain marketing and promotional materials to increase resident awareness of library resources and services;
- Collaborate with other librarians in offering educational sessions and information services/support to all faculty, students, and staff of NYU Langone Health;
- Provide direct assistance to users via the Library’s ticketing system;
- Assess impact of resident-related library programming;
- Work in other areas dependent on Library needs and/or the candidate’s research interests and expertise;
- Collaborate with library colleagues to support the Library’s Vision, Mission, and Strategic Goals
- Master’s degree in library/information science or a related healthcare or information field;
- Experience or knowledge of designing and delivering library instruction to adult learners;
- Enthusiasm for working closely with varied users in a dynamic academic medical center environment;
- Adept at coordinating work efforts in a highly collaborative team environment;
- Strong service orientation with excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience in an academic health sciences library;
- Creativity in approaches to learner engagement;
- Experience or knowledge of librarian participation in clinical settings;
- Knowledgeable about the evidence-based care process;
- Expert database searching and citation management skills;
- Familiarity with generative AI and other emerging technologies;
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Compensation and Benefits
The NYU Grossman School of Medicine offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, retirement benefits, time off, tuition benefits, wellness programs, and more. The salary range for this position is $75,000-85,000, and salary is commensurate with experience. The Health Sciences Library provides mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development. Interested candidates from outside the New York City area are encouraged to apply. On-site work is required, but flexible scheduling is negotiable.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and three references at the application website. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.