Peace Ossom-Williamson, MLS, MS, AHIP is the Associate Director, NNLM National Center for Data Services at NYU Health Sciences Library and Associate Curator, NYU Grossman School of Medicine. Ossom-Williamson’s expertise includes research data services, scholarly communications, and health sciences information literacy. In recognition of her research, Peace received the 2021 Texas Woman’s University Hallmark Alumni Award as well as the Medical Library Association’s 2020 Ida and George Eliot Prize which recognizes the most effective article in furthering medical librarianship. She has experience in a wide variety of roles, and is an active educator, teaching both “Research Data Services in Libraries” at San Jose State University’s graduate iSchool program and “Public Health Informatics” at The University of Texas at Arlington’s undergraduate public health program.
Open Access Statement
Ossom-Williamson aims to publish using open licenses as much as possible, with full text available from the publisher. However, in some cases, works are available via public access deposit. These items can be accessed at the following links:
- For works since 2022, visit https://archive.nyu.edu/handle/2451/64003
- For works up to 2021, visit https://rc.library.uta.edu/uta-ir/handle/10106/25213
- Goldman, Julie; Muilenburg, Jennifer; Schorr, Andrea N; Ossom-Williamson, Peace; Uribe-Lacy, C Jeff. Trends in Research Data Management and Academic Health Sciences Libraries. Medical reference service quarterly. 2023:42(3):273-293.
- Barr-Walker, Jill; DePiñeres, Teresa; Ossom-Williamson, Peace; Mengesha, Biftu; Berglas, Nancy F. Countering Misinformation About Abortion: The Role of Health Sciences Librarians. American journal of public health. AJPH. 2021:111(10):1753-1756.
- Ossom-Williamson, Peace; Williams, Isaac Maximilian; Kim, Kukhyoung; Kindratt, Tiffany B. Reporting and Availability of COVID-19 Demographic Data by US Health Departments (April to October 2020): Observational Study. JMIR public health & surveillance. 2021:7(4):e24288-.
- Ossom-Williamson, Peace; Williams, Jamia; Goodman, Xan; Minter, Christian I J; Logan, Ayaba. Starting with I: Combating Anti-Blackness in Libraries. Medical reference service quarterly. 2021:40(2):139-150.
- Brown, Kyrah K; Boateng, Godfred O; Ossom-Williamson, Peace; Haygood, Laura. Defining, conceptualizing, and measuring perceived maternal care quality in low- to high-income countries: a scoping review protocol. Systematic reviews. 2021:10(1):61-.
- Williamson, Peace Ossom. Librarians' reported systematic review completion time ranges between 2 and 219 total hours with most variance due to information processing and instruction. Evidence based library & information practice. 2019:14(
- Ossom Williamson, Peace; Minter, Christian I J. Exploring PubMed as a reliable resource for scholarly communications services. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2019:107(1):16-29.
- Lost in the City: An Exploration of Edward P. Jones's Short Fiction. Rambsy, Kenton; Ossom-Williamson, Peace. [Urbana IL : Publishing Without Walls], 2019. . ISBN: 9781946011046.
- Nursing Education, Administration, and Informatics: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice by . [S.l.] : IGI Global, 2018. ISBN: 9781522554905.
- Williamson, Peace Ossom. Health centre staff are satisfied with librarian-mediated search services, especially when librarians follow up. Evidence based library & information practice. 2018:13(