Neil Rambo, MLibr, is department chair and director of the Health Sciences Library at NYU Langone Health. The Library includes the NYU Medical Archives and works closely with medical center IT and informatics programs and the Division of Libraries at NYU Washington Square. Prior to joining NYU in 2010, Neil served in a variety of leadership roles at several leading academic health sciences libraries in the U.S.
Much of his career has been focused on thinking about and promoting emerging roles for health sciences libraries and librarians, both in support of the missions of academic medicine as well as in public health and community settings. In the last several years he has been particularly engaged in the area of library support for research data management.
Neil received his undergraduate degree in cell and molecular biology and his master’s in library and information science, both from the University of Washington. He completed a postgraduate internship at the National Library of Medicine at NIH.
- Williams, Jeff D; Rambo, Neil H. It's the end of the world and we feel fine. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2015:103(4):213-215.
- Williams, Jeff D; Rambo, Neil H. An extensible and successful method of identifying collaborators for National Library of Medicine informationist projects. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2015:103(3):145-147.
- Read, Kevin; Athens, Jessica; Lamb, Ian; Nicholson, Joey; Chin, Sushan; Xu, Junchuan; Rambo, Neil; Surkis, Alisa. Promoting Data Reuse and Collaboration at an Academic Medical Center. International journal of digital curation. 2015:10(1):260-267.
- Hanson, Karen L; Bakker, Theodora A; Svirsky, Mario A; Neuman, Arlene C; Rambo, Neil. Informationist Role: Clinical Data Management in Auditory Research. Journal of escience librarianship. 2013:2(1).
- Surkis, Alisa; McCrillis, Aileen; McGowan, Richard; Williams, Jeffrey; Schmidt, Brian L; Hardt, Markus; Rambo, Neil. Informationist Support for a Study of the Role of Proteases and Peptides in Cancer Pain. Journal of escience librarianship. 2013:2(1):35-40.
- Lawrence, Valerie J; Welton, Nanette J; Rambo, Neil. Providing access to licensed content for care providers statewide: lessons learned. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2010:98(4):302-305.
- Rambo, Neil. E-science and biomedical libraries. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2009:97(3):159-161.
- Revere, Debra; Turner, Anne M; Madhavan, Ann; Rambo, Neil; Bugni, Paul F; Kimball, AnnMarie; Fuller, Sherrilynne S. Understanding the information needs of public health practitioners: a literature review to inform design of an interactive digital knowledge management system. Journal of biomedical informatics. 2007:40(4):410-421.
- Zenan, J S; Rambo, N; Burroughs, C M; Alpi, K M; Cahn, M A; Rankin, J. Public Health Outreach Forum: report. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association. 2001:89(4):400-403.