Stuart Spore is Head of Bibliometrics and Systems Advisor at the NYU Health Sciences Library. Since 2000 Stuart has taken a lead role in the development and maintenance of the Faculty Bibliography which is the source for institutional faculty publishing metrics at the School of Medicine.
Stuart has a BA in Classics from Marlboro College, an MS in Linguistics from NYU, and an MLIS from the University of Illinois. His research interests include bibliometrics and informatics as it relates to the practical provision of sophisticated library services.
- Plana, Natalie M; Massie, Jonathan P; Bekisz, Jonathan M; Spore, Stuart; Diaz-Siso, J Rodrigo; Flores, Roberto L. Variations in Databases Used to Assess Academic Output and Citation Impact. New England journal of medicine. 2017:376(25):2489-2491.
- Vieira, Dorice; McGowan, Richard; McCrillis, Aileen; Lamb, Ian; Larson, Catherine; Bakker, Theodora; Spore, Stuart. The Faculty Bibliography Project at the NYU School of Medicine. Journal of librarianship & scholarly communication. 2014:2(3).
- Hanson, K. L., Bakker, T., Maher, S., Morton-Owens, E.G., Peters, D. Yacobucci, K., Dement, D., Spore, S., Williams, J. & Rambo, N. (May 2013). Instituting a library dashboard as a foundation for evidence-based strategic decisions. Poster presented at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Boston, MA
- Yacobucci, K., Hanson, K. L., Maher, S., & Spore, S. (May 2013). E-resources and statistics: Getting the big picture. Poster presented at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Boston, MA
- Spore, Stuart; Vieira, Dorice. (October 2012) Fostering Institutional Connections by Tracking Faculty Publications : the Faculty Bibliography Project at the NYU School of Medicine. Presentation at the Medical Library Association Quad Chapter Meeting, Baltimore MD
- Spore, S. (May 2010) P-Index, a novel algorithm for bibliometric analysis. Poster presented at Medical Library Association Annual Conference, Washington D.C.
- Cuddy, C., Brewer, K., Figueroa, M., Molanphy, E., Spore, S., McGowan, R., McCrillis, A., Swain, C. (May 2009) Disaster Preparedness Informationist: A Team Approach. Poster presented at Medical Library Association Annual Conference, Honolulu, HI
- Spore, Stuart; MacDonald, Robert; Mederios, Norm; English-Baptiste, Beverley. (November 2002). "MARC MeSH in the OPAC". Poster presented at ASIST Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA
- Spore, Stuart; MacDonald, Robert; Mederios, Norm; English-Baptiste, Beverley (May 1999) MARC MeSH in the OPAC. Poster presented at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL
- Spore, Stuart. (April 1999) MARC MeSH and the INNOPAC: perfecting authority control of Medical Subject Headings. Talk presented at the Innovative Users Group, Seventh Annual Meeting, Oakland, CA