Clarence E. de la Chapelle, MD
Clarence E. de la Chapelle, M.D., was a greatly esteemed cardiologist and professor of clinical medicine at the NYU medical school. Born in New York City in 1898, De la Chapelle's long relationship with NYU began as a medical student at the University & Bellevue Hospital Medical College. After graduating in 1922, de la Chapelle completed his medical training at Bellevue Hospital, and then joined the faculty of the medical school in 1925. De la Chapelle eventually took various leadership roles at the medical school, including serving as Assistant Dean and Associate Dean from 1943-1948, and as Associate Dean of the Post-Graduate Medical School from 1948-1963.