NYUHSL (NYU Health Sciences Library) offers free comprehensive Document Delivery Services for affiliated users.
Requesting a book, book chapter, article, or other document
Students, faculty and staff affiliated with NYU Langone Health and NYU College of Dentistry* can request:
- Books not owned by NYUHSL
- Books owned by NYUHSL but stored in offsite storage or a Library branch
- Copies of journal articles or book chapters not owned by NYUHSL
- Copies of journal articles or chapters available in print or electronically at NYUHSL
- Other documents (microfiche, microfilm, dissertations, DVDs, etc.)
Are there any limits on document delivery?
- Patrons may request a maximum of 10 books at a time.
- Photocopying is limited to 50 consecutive pages or one chapter and cannot be greater than 10% of the whole publication.
- Photocopying or reproduction cannot be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research (U.S. copyright law; Title 17, U.S. Code).
How fast can I get a requested publication?
Document Delivery turnaround times may vary from the average during holidays and breaks.
|If you request...||...you will get...||...within approximately|
|A book not owned by NYUHSL||The book delivered to your home or branch library for pick up**||1-3 weeks *|
|A book owned by NYUHSL||The book delivered to your home or branch library for pick up**||3-4 business days *|
|An article or chapter available in print at NYUHSL||An electronic copy of the article or chapter by email||1-2 business days *|
|An article available electronically at
|An electronic copy of the article by email||1 business day *|
|An article or chapter not owed by NYUHSL||An electronic copy of the article or chapter by email||2-5 business days *|
|*Some exceptions may apply. Add 3 days for Home Delivery
** We are offering free Home Delivery and return via UPS. To utilize this service, you will need to add your home address in the "Notes" section when making the request.
Can I renew the book?
Most borrowed books can be renewed on or after the due date. The first renewal must be submitted online. All following renewals may be requested by phone (212-263-5388) or email (email@example.com)
Return your book to the Library drop box by its scheduled due date. If using a UPS Return Label, you are responsible to pack and drop the package at any UPS store.
How can I speed up my document request?
- NYUHSL provides immediate access to thousands of journals and books electronically. To download, save or print an article/chapter yourself, search NYUHSL's e-resources for the journal/book title.
- If you have an article's DOI name (e.g., 10.1000/182), you might be able to get the full text here: http://dx.doi.org/
Where can I get help with my request?
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- By phone: 212-263-5388
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of operation: 8:00am–5:00pm (Monday–Friday)