Fred LaPolla is a member of the Health Sciences Library’s Data Services team and the liaison to the Radiology Department. His main area of work is in data visualization services and he is available for classes, workshops, and one-on-one
consults on design best practices. He is also interested in publishing metrics, as well as assisting members of the NYU Langone community with literature searching and citation management.
Fred LaPolla earned his B.A. in Chinese language and literature from George Washington University and his M.L.S. from CUNY Queens College.
- LaPolla, Fred Willie Zametkin; Rubin, Denis. The "Data Visualization Clinic": a library-led critique workshop for data visualization. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2018:106(4):477-482.
- Read, Kevin; LaPolla, Fred Willie Zametkin. A new hat for librarians: providing REDCap support to establish the library as a central data hub. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2018:106(1):120-126.
- Surkis, Alisa; LaPolla, Fred Willie Zametkin; Contaxis, Nicole; Read, Kevin B. Data Day to Day: building a community of expertise to address data skills gaps in an academic medical center. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2017:105(2):185-191.
- Read, Kevin B; LaPolla, Fred Willie Zametkin; Tolea, Magdalena I; Galvin, James E; Surkis, Alisa. Improving data collection, documentation, and workflow in a dementia screening study. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2017:105(2):160-166.
- LaPolla, Fred. Perceptions of Librarians Regarding Semantic Web and Linked Data Technologies. Journal of library metadata. 2013:13(1-2):114-140.