Joey Nicholson is the Education and Curriculum Librarian, working with students, staff, and faculty in the School of Medicine to integrate information and technology literacy throughout undergraduate medical education. Additionally, Joey serves as the Coordinator for Systematic Review Services. In this role, Joey helps teach courses on systematic review methods across the institution, actively participates in many systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and organizes a comprehensive library response to faculty requests for help or information.
Joey has a BA in Linguistics from UC Davis, an MLIS from the University of Pittsburgh, and an MPH from Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University.
- Constable, Catherine; Ferguson, Kyle; Nicholson, Joey; Quinn, Gwendolyn P. Clinician communication strategies associated with increased uptake of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine: A systematic review. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians. 2022:72(6):561-569.
- Schlacter, Jamie A; Kay-Rivest, Emily; Nicholson, Joseph; Santacatterina, Michele; Zhang, Yan; Jethanamest, Daniel; Friedmann, David R; McMenomey, Sean O; Roland, J Thomas. Cochlear Implantation Outcomes in Patients With Retrocochlear Pathology: A Systematic Review and Pooled Analysis. Otology & neurotology. 2022:43(9):980-986.
- Oh, So-Young; Cook, David A; Van Gerven, Pascal W M; Nicholson, Joseph; Fairbrother, Hilary; Smeenk, Frank W J M; Pusic, Martin V. Physician Training for Electrocardiogram Interpretation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Academic medicine. 2022:97(4):593-602.
- Young, Trevor K; Glick, Alexander F; Yin, H Shonna; Kolla, Avani M; Velazquez, Jessica J; Nicholson, Joey; Oza, Vikash S. Management of pediatric atopic dermatitis by primary care providers: A systematic review. Academic pediatrics. 2021:21(8):1318-1327.
- Winkel, Abigail Ford; Telzak, Beatrice; Shaw, Jacquelyn; Hollond, Calder; Magro, Juliana; Nicholson, Joseph; Quinn, Gwendolyn. The Role of Gender in Careers in Medicine: a Systematic Review and Thematic Synthesis of Qualitative Literature. Journal of general internal medicine. 2021:36(8):2392-2399.
- Rasmussen, Lauge Neimann; Norgaard, Ole; Andersen, Tue Helms; Palayew, Adam; Nicholson, Joey; Lazarus, Jeffrey V. Authors' Reply to: Redundancy of Terms in Search Strategies. Comment on "Searching PubMed to Retrieve Publications on the COVID-19 Pandemic: Comparative Analysis of Search Strings". Journal of medical Internet research. 2021:23(5):e29507-.
- Lazarus, Jeffrey V; Palayew, Adam; Rasmussen, Lauge Neimann; Andersen, Tue Helms; Nicholson, Joey; Norgaard, Ole. Searching PubMed to Retrieve Publications on the COVID-19 Pandemic: Comparative Analysis of Search Strings. Journal of medical Internet research. 2020:22(11):e23449-.
- Becker, Daniel J; Iyengar, Arjun D; Punekar, Salman R; Kaakour, Dalia; Griffin, Megan; Nicholson, Joseph; Gold, Heather T. Diabetes mellitus and colorectal carcinoma outcomes: a meta-analysis. International journal of colorectal disease. 2020:35(11):1989-1999.
- Kani, H Tarik; Ramai, Daryl; Caniglia, Ellen; Hudesman, David; Axelrad, Jordan; Nicholson, Joseph; Hong, Simon; Chang, Shannon. Systematic review with meta-analysis: a history of smoking is not associated with a higher risk of pouchitis. Alimentary pharmacology & therapeutics. 2020:52(7):1117-1124.
- Ramai, D; Kani, T; Caniglia, E; Hudesman, D P; Axelrad, J E; Nicholson, J; Hong, S; Chang, S. A History of Smoking Is Not Associated with a Higher Risk of Pouchitis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. American journal of gastroenterology. 2020:Conference:(2020):S365-.