Joey Nicholson is the Education and Curriculum Librarian, working with students, staff, and faculty in the School of Medicine to integrate information and technology literacy throughout undergraduate medical education. Additionally, Joey serves as the Coordinator for Systematic Review Services. In this role, Joey helps teach courses on systematic review methods across the institution, actively participates in many systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and organizes a comprehensive library response to faculty requests for help or information.
Joey has a BA in Linguistics from UC Davis, an MLIS from the University of Pittsburgh, and an MPH from Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University.
- Clerkship Bookshelf
Resources geared towards medical students rotating through their clerkships
- Medical Education Resources
- Medical Student Bookshelf
This guide is designed for NYU Langone medical students. It provides direct links to key textbooks and online resources for the NYU Langone undergraduate medical curriculum.
- Mobile Resources
Mobile apps and sites to use while on the wards
- Pathology Bookshelf
Resources for pathology residents
- Systematic Reviews
A guide for finding standards, procedures, resources, and assistance in supporting systematic searches of the biomedical literature.
This guide is intended to be a resource for NYU Langone students and residents studying for the USMLE and shelf exams.
- Lenchik, Leon; Heacock, Laura; Weaver, Ashley A; Boutin, Robert D; Cook, Tessa S; Itri, Jason; Filippi, Christopher G; Gullapalli, Rao P; Lee, James; Zagurovskaya, Marianna; Retson, Tara; Godwin, Kendra; Nicholson, Joey; Narayana, Ponnada A. Automated Segmentation of Tissues Using CT and MRI: A Systematic Review. Academic radiology. 2019:26(12):1695-1706.
- Wernick, Jeremy A; Busa, Samantha; Matouk, Kareen; Nicholson, Joey; Janssen, Aron. A Systematic Review of the Psychological Benefits of Gender-Affirming Surgery. Urologic clinics of North America. 2019:46(4):475-486.
- Smilowitz, Nathaniel R; Redel-Traub, Gabriel; Hausvater, Anais; Armanious, Andrew; Nicholson, Joseph; Puelacher, Christian; Berger, Jeffrey S. Myocardial Injury after Non-Cardiac Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Cardiology in review. 2019:27(6):267-273.
- Gordon, Alex J; Alfonso, Allyson R; Nicholson, Joey; Chiu, Ernest S. Evidence for Healing Diabetic Foot Ulcers With Biologic Skin Substitutes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Annals of plastic surgery. 2019:83(4S Suppl 1):S31-S44.
- Nicholson, Joey; Spak, Judy M; Kovar-Gough, Iris; Lorbeer, Elizabeth R; Adams, Nancy E. Entrustable professional activity 7: opportunities to collaborate on evidence-based medicine teaching and assessment of medical students. BMC medical education. 2019:19(1):330-.
- Lord, Aaron Sylvan; Nicholson, Joseph; Lewis, Ariane. Infection Prevention in the Neurointensive Care Unit: A Systematic Review. Neurocritical care. 2019:31(1):196-210.
- Knox, Justin; Schneider, John; Greene, Emily; Nicholson, Joey; Hasin, Deborah; Sandfort, Theo. Using social network analysis to examine alcohol use among adults: A systematic review. PLoS one. 2019:14(8):e0221360-.
- Moore, Brian M; Adams, Joseph T; Willcox, Sallie; Nicholson, Joseph. The Effect of Active Physical Training Interventions on Reactive Postural Responses in Older Adults: A Systematic Review. Journal of aging & physical activity. 2018:1-13.
- Krebs, Paul; Norcross, John C; Nicholson, Joseph M; Prochaska, James O. Stages of change and psychotherapy outcomes: A review and meta-analysis. Journal of clinical psychology. 2018:74(11):1964-1979.
- Makarem, Nour; Bandera, Elisa V; Nicholson, Joseph M; Parekh, Niyati. Consumption of Sugars, Sugary Foods, and Sugary Beverages in Relation to Cancer Risk: A Systematic Review of Longitudinal Studies. Annual review of nutrition. 2018:38:17-39.