Joey Nicholson is the Education and Curriculum Librarian, working with students, staff, and faculty in the School of Medicine to integrate information and technology literacy throughout undergraduate medical education. Additionally, Joey serves as the Coordinator for Systematic Review Services. In this role, Joey helps teach courses on systematic review methods across the institution, actively participates in many systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and organizes a comprehensive library response to faculty requests for help or information.
Joey has a BA in Linguistics from UC Davis, an MLIS from the University of Pittsburgh, and an MPH from Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University.
- Clerkship Bookshelf
Resources geared towards medical students rotating through their clerkships
- Medical Education Resources
- Medical Student Bookshelf
This guide is designed for NYU Langone medical students. It provides direct links to key textbooks and online resources for the NYU Langone undergraduate medical curriculum.
- Mobile Resources
Mobile apps and sites to use while on the wards
- Pathology Bookshelf
Resources for pathology residents
- Systematic Reviews
A guide for finding standards, procedures, resources, and assistance in supporting systematic searches of the biomedical literature.
This guide is intended to be a resource for NYU Langone students and residents studying for the USMLE and shelf exams.
- Krebs, Paul; Norcross, John C; Nicholson, Joseph M; Prochaska, James O. Stages of change and psychotherapy outcomes: A review and meta-analysis. Journal of clinical psychology. 2018:74(11):1964-1979.
- Moore, Brian M; Adams, Joseph T; Willcox, Sallie; Nicholson, Joseph. The Effect of Active Physical Training Interventions on Reactive Postural Responses in Older Adults: A Systematic Review. Journal of aging & physical activity. 2018:1-13.
- Makarem, Nour; Bandera, Elisa V; Nicholson, Joseph M; Parekh, Niyati. Consumption of Sugars, Sugary Foods, and Sugary Beverages in Relation to Cancer Risk: A Systematic Review of Longitudinal Studies. Annual review of nutrition. 2018:38:17-39.
- Lord, Aaron Sylvan; Nicholson, Joseph; Lewis, Ariane. Infection Prevention in the Neurointensive Care Unit: A Systematic Review. Neurocritical care. 2018:-.
- Nicholson, Joey; McCrillis, Aileen; Williams, Jeff D. Collaboration challenges in systematic reviews: a survey of health sciences librarians. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2017:105(4):385-393.
- Kalet, Adina; Zabar, Sondra; Szyld, Demian; Yavner, Steven D; Song, Hyuksoon; Nick, Michael W; Ng, Grace; Pusic, Martin V; Denicola, Christine; Blum, Cary; Eliasz, Kinga L; Nicholson, Joey; Riles, Thomas S. A simulated "Night-onCall" to assess and address the readiness-for-internship of transitioning medical students. Advances in simulation (London, England). 2017:2:13-13.
- Glick, Alexander F; Farkas, Jonathan S; Nicholson, Joseph; Dreyer, Benard P; Fears, Melissa; Bandera, Christopher; Stolper, Tanya; Gerber, Nicole; Yin, H Shonna. Parental Management of Discharge Instructions: A Systematic Review. Pediatrics (1948). 2017:140(2):-.
- Winkel, Abigail Ford; Yingling, Sandra; Jones, Aubrie-Ann; Nicholson, Joey. Reflection as a Learning Tool in Graduate Medical Education: A Systematic Review. Journal of graduate medical education. 2017:9(4):430-439.
- Symanski, John S; Subhas, Naveen; Babb, James; Nicholson, Joseph; Gyftopoulos, Soterios. Diagnosis of Superior Labrum Anterior-to-Posterior Tears by Using MR Imaging and MR Arthrography: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Radiology. 2017:285(1):101-113.
- Iyengar, Arjun; Gold, Heather Taffet; Nicholson, Joseph; Becker, Daniel Jacob. Association of diabetes with colorectal cancer treatment and outcomes.. Journal of clinical oncology. 2017:35.