Joey Nicholson is the Education and Curriculum Librarian, working with students, staff, and faculty in the School of Medicine to integrate information and technology literacy throughout undergraduate medical education. Additionally, Joey serves as the Coordinator for Systematic Review Services. In this role, Joey helps teach courses on systematic review methods across the institution, actively participates in many systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and organizes a comprehensive library response to faculty requests for help or information.
Joey has a BA in Linguistics from UC Davis, an MLIS from the University of Pittsburgh, and an MPH from Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University.
- Clerkship Bookshelf
Resources geared towards medical students rotating through their clerkships
- Medical Education Resources
- Mobile Resources
Mobile apps and sites to use while on the wards
- Pathology Bookshelf
Resources for pathology residents
- Systematic Reviews
A guide for finding standards, procedures, resources, and assistance in supporting systematic searches of the biomedical literature.
This guide is intended to be a resource for NYU Langone students and residents studying for the USMLE and shelf exams.
- Hausvater, AnaÃ¯s; Smilowitz, Nathaniel R; Li, Boyangzi; Redel-Traub, Gabriel; Quien, Mary; Qian, Yingzhi; Zhong, Judy; Nicholson, Joseph M; Camastra, Giovanni; BiÃ¨re, LoÃ¯c; PanovskÃ½, Roman; SÃ¡, Montenegro; Gerbaud, Edouard; Selvanayagam, Joseph B; Al-Mallah, Mouaz H; Emrich, Tilman; Reynolds, Harmony R. Myocarditis in Relation to Angiographic Findings in Patients With Provisional Diagnoses of MINOCA. JACC: Cardiovascular imaging. 2020:13(9):1906-1913.
- Kani, H Tarik; Ramai, Daryl; Caniglia, Ellen; Hudesman, David; Axelrad, Jordan; Nicholson, Joseph; Hong, Simon; Chang, Shannon. Systematic review with meta-analysis: a history of smoking is not associated with a higher risk of pouchitis. Alimentary pharmacology & therapeutics. 2020:-.
- Becker, Daniel J; Iyengar, Arjun D; Punekar, Salman R; Kaakour, Dalia; Griffin, Megan; Nicholson, Joseph; Gold, Heather T. Diabetes mellitus and colorectal carcinoma outcomes: a meta-analysis. International journal of colorectal disease. 2020:-.
- Nicholson, Joey; Kalet, Adina; van der Vleuten, Cees; de Bruin, Anique. Understanding medical student evidence-based medicine information seeking in an authentic clinical simulation. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2020:108(2):219-228.
- Golub, Danielle; Hyde, Jonathan; Dogra, Siddhant; Nicholson, Joseph; Kirkwood, Katherine A; Gohel, Paulomi; Loftus, Stephen; Schwartz, Theodore H. Intraoperative MRI versus 5-ALA in high-grade glioma resection: a network meta-analysis. Journal of neurosurgery. 2020:1-15.
- Lenchik, Leon; Heacock, Laura; Weaver, Ashley A; Boutin, Robert D; Cook, Tessa S; Itri, Jason; Filippi, Christopher G; Gullapalli, Rao P; Lee, James; Zagurovskaya, Marianna; Retson, Tara; Godwin, Kendra; Nicholson, Joey; Narayana, Ponnada A. Automated Segmentation of Tissues Using CT and MRI: A Systematic Review. Academic radiology. 2019:26(12):1695-1706.
- Wernick, Jeremy A; Busa, Samantha; Matouk, Kareen; Nicholson, Joey; Janssen, Aron. A Systematic Review of the Psychological Benefits of Gender-Affirming Surgery. Urologic clinics of North America. 2019:46(4):475-486.
- Smilowitz, Nathaniel R; Redel-Traub, Gabriel; Hausvater, Anais; Armanious, Andrew; Nicholson, Joseph; Puelacher, Christian; Berger, Jeffrey S. Myocardial Injury after Non-Cardiac Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Cardiology in review. 2019:27(6):267-273.
- Gordon, Alex J; Alfonso, Allyson R; Nicholson, Joey; Chiu, Ernest S. Evidence for Healing Diabetic Foot Ulcers With Biologic Skin Substitutes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Annals of plastic surgery. 2019:83(4S Suppl 1):S31-S44.
- Nicholson, Joey; Spak, Judy M; Kovar-Gough, Iris; Lorbeer, Elizabeth R; Adams, Nancy E. Entrustable professional activity 7: opportunities to collaborate on evidence-based medicine teaching and assessment of medical students. BMC medical education. 2019:19(1):330-.