Joey Nicholson is the Education and Curriculum Librarian, working with students, staff, and faculty in the School of Medicine to integrate information and technology literacy throughout undergraduate medical education. Additionally, Joey serves as the Coordinator for Systematic Review Services. In this role, Joey helps teach courses on systematic review methods across the institution, actively participates in many systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and organizes a comprehensive library response to faculty requests for help or information.
Joey has a BA in Linguistics from UC Davis, an MLIS from the University of Pittsburgh, and an MPH from Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University.
- Clerkship Bookshelf - Resources geared towards medical students rotating through their clerkships
- Medical Education Resources
- Medical Student Bookshelf - This guide is designed for NYU Langone medical students. It provides direct links to key textbooks and online resources for the NYU Langone undergraduate medical curriculum.
- Mobile Resources - Mobile apps and sites to use while on the wards
- Pathology Bookshelf - Resources for pathology residents
- Systematic Reviews - A guide for finding standards, procedures, resources, and assistance in supporting systematic searches of the biomedical literature.
- USMLE - This guide is intended to be a resource for NYU Langone students and residents studying for the USMLE and shelf exams.
- Glick, Alexander F; Farkas, Jonathan S; Nicholson, Joseph; Dreyer, Benard P; Fears, Melissa; Bandera, Christopher; Stolper, Tanya; Gerber, Nicole; Yin, H Shonna. Parental Management of Discharge Instructions: A Systematic Review. Pediatrics (1948). 2017.
- Symanski, John S; Subhas, Naveen; Babb, James; Nicholson, Joseph; Gyftopoulos, Soterios. Diagnosis of Superior Labrum Anterior-to-Posterior Tears by Using MR Imaging and MR Arthrography: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Radiology. 2017:285(1):101-113.
- Tofighi, Babak; Nicholson, Joseph M; McNeely, Jennifer; Muench, Frederick; Lee, Joshua D. Mobile phone messaging for illicit drug and alcohol dependence: A systematic review of the literature. Drug & alcohol review. 2017:36(4):477-491.
- Heffron, Sean P; Parikh, Amar; Volodarskiy, Alexandar; Ren-Fielding, Christine; Schwartzbard, Arthur; Nicholson, Joseph; Bangalore, Sripal. Changes in Lipid Profile of Obese Patients following Contemporary Bariatric Surgery: A Meta-Analysis. American journal of medicine. 2016:129(9):952-959.
- Mussa, Firas F; Horton, Joshua D; Moridzadeh, Rameen; Nicholson, Joseph; Trimarchi, Santi; Eagle, Kim A. Acute Aortic Dissection and Intramural Hematoma: A Systematic Review. JAMA. 2016:316(7):754-763.
- Makarem, Nour; Nicholson, Joseph M; Bandera, Elisa V; McKeown, Nicola M; Parekh, Niyati. Consumption of whole grains and cereal fiber in relation to cancer risk: a systematic review of longitudinal studies. Nutrition reviews. 2016:74(6):353-373.
- Plaksin, Joseph; Nicholson, Joseph; Kundrod, Sarita; Zabar, Sondra; Kalet, Adina; Altshuler, Lisa. The Benefits and Risks of Being a Standardized Patient: A Narrative Review of the Literature. Patient : patient-centered outcomes research. 2016:9(1):15-25.
- Read, Kevin B; Surkis, Alisa; Larson, Catherine; McCrillis, Aileen; Graff, Alice; Nicholson, Joey; Xu, Juanchan. Starting the data conversation: informing data services at an academic health sciences library. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2015:103(3):131-135.
- Loeb, Stacy; Bruinsma, Sophie M; Nicholson, Joseph; Briganti, Alberto; Pickles, Tom; Kakehi, Yoshiyuki; Carlsson, Sigrid V; Roobol, Monique J. Active surveillance for prostate cancer: a systematic review of clinicopathologic variables and biomarkers for risk stratification. European urology. 2015:67(4):619-626.
- Levine, David M; Savarimuthu, Stella; Squires, Allison; Nicholson, Joseph; Jay, Melanie. Technology-assisted weight loss interventions in primary care: a systematic review. Journal of general internal medicine. 2015:30(1):107-117.