Dorice Vieira is the NYU Health Sciences Library liaison to Graduate Medical Education and the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. She also coordinates clinical outreach for those interested in incorporating evidence-based practice during clinical rounds and conferences. Her support includes evidence-based practice instruction, collaboration in systematic, narrative and other review-type research, and using such tools as EndNote, Google applications, etc. for “knowledge informatics” support. Dorice is also a faculty member of two NIH-funded training grants in the Department of Population Health: The Program to Increase Diversity Among Individuals Engaged in Health-Related Research (PRIDE) in the Behavioral Medicine & Sleep Disorders Research and the NYU/University of Ghana Cardiovascular Research Training Institute (CaRT) funded by NIH/Fogarty International Center. She is an associated faculty member in the College of Global Public Health and teaches the Global Public Health Informatics course.
She received her MLS from the University of Pittsburgh, MA in English Literature from Brooklyn College, and MPH, with an emphasis in Global Public Health--Health Promotion & Disease Prevention from New York University. Finally, Dorice is a fellow of the New Academy of Medicine whose members are distinguished professionals in the medical and health professions embodying the highest levels of achievement and leadership in urban health.
- 2019 Opioid Symposium
- Evidence-based Medicine to Evidence-based Public Health
Two integrated frameworks demonstrating how to translate evidence-based practice (a clinical approach) to evidence-based public health.
- House Staff Guide to Library Resources/GME
This guide is for NYU Langone House Staff, Residency Directors and GME Administrators to assist House Staff in meeting the ACGME Practice-based Learning and Improvement competency goals 6, 7 and 8.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
This guide is intended to assist faculty, residents, students and those who have an interest in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Pereira-Sanchez, Victor; Franco, Alexandre R; Vieira, Dorice; de Castro-Manglano, Pilar; Soutullo, Cesar; Milham, Michael P; Castellanos, Francisco X. Systematic Review: Medication Effects on Brain Intrinsic Functional Connectivity in Patients With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2020:-.
- Chen, Sophia; Connors, Joseph; Zhang, Yan; Wang, Binhuan; Vieira, Dorice; Shapira-Galitz, Yael; Garber, David; Amin, Milan R. Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis Office versus Operating Room: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Annals of otology rhinology & laryngology. 2020:3489420949586-.
- Meltzer, Gabriella Y; Watkins, Beverly-Xaviera; Vieira, Dorice; Zelikoff, Judith T; Boden-Albala, Bernadette. A Systematic Review of Environmental Health Outcomes in Selected American Indian and Alaska Native Populations. Journal of racial & ethnic health disparities. 2020:7(4):698-739.
- Giwa, Al; Milsten, Andrew; Vieira, Dorice; Ogedegbe, Chinwe; Kelly, Kristen; Schwab, Abraham. Should I Stay or Should I Go? A Bioethical Analysis of Healthcare Professionals' and Healthcare Institutions' Moral Obligations During Active Shooter Incidents in Hospitals - A Narrative Review of the Literature. Journal of law, medicine & ethics. 2020:48(2):340-351.
- O'Donovan, James; Newcomb, Ashley; MacRae, MacKenzie Clark; Vieira, Dorice; Onyilofor, Chinelo; Ginsburg, Ophira. Community health workers and early detection of breast cancer in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic scoping review of the literature. BMJ global health. 2020:5(5):-.
- Cardamone, S; Vieira, D; Winkel, A. 66. Assessment of Resident Use of Evidence-Based Practice in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Utilizing Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE). Journal of pediatric & adolescent gynecology. 2020:Conference:(NASPAG):206-207.
- Donnelly, Megan R; Rezzadeh, Kevin T; Vieira, Dorice; Daar, David; Hacquebord, Jacques. Is one nerve transfer enough? A systematic review and pooled analysis comparing ulnar fascicular nerve transfer and double ulnar and median fascicular nerve transfer for restoration of elbow flexion after traumatic brachial plexus injury. Microsurgery. 2020:40(3):361-369.
- Giwa, Al O; Milsten, Andrew; Vieira, Dorice L; Ogedegbe, Chinwe; Kelly, Kristen M; Schwab, Abraham P; Moskop, John C. "Run, Hide, Fight," or "Secure, Preserve, Fight": How Should Health Care Professionals and Facilities Respond to Active Shooter Incidents?. Academic emergency medicine. 2020:27(3):252-255.
- Antwi, Edward; Amoakoh-Coleman, Mary; Vieira, Dorice L; Madhavaram, Shreya; Koram, Kwadwo A; Grobbee, Diederick E; Agyepong, Irene A; Klipstein-Grobusch, Kerstin. Systematic review of prediction models for gestational hypertension and preeclampsia. PLoS one. 2020:15(4):e0230955-.
- Capasso, Ariadna; Ompad, Danielle C; Vieira, Dorice L; Wilder-Smith, Annelies; Tozan, Yesim. Incidence of Guillain-BarrÃ© Syndrome (GBS) in Latin America and the Caribbean before and during the 2015-2016 Zika virus epidemic: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS neglected tropical diseases. 2019:13(8):e0007622-.