Dorice Vieira is the NYU Health Sciences Library liaison to Graduate Medical Education and the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. She also coordinates clinical outreach for those interested in incorporating evidence-based practice during clinical rounds and conferences. Her support includes evidence-based practice instruction, collaboration in systematic, narrative and other review-type research, and using such tools as EndNote, Google applications, etc. for “knowledge informatics” support. Dorice is also a faculty member of two NIH-funded training grants in the Department of Population Health: The Program to Increase Diversity Among Individuals Engaged in Health-Related Research (PRIDE) in the Behavioral Medicine & Sleep Disorders Research and the NYU/University of Ghana Cardiovascular Research Training Institute (CaRT) funded by NIH/Fogarty International Center. She is an associated faculty member in the College of Global Public Health and teaches the Global Public Health Informatics course.
She received her MLS from the University of Pittsburgh, MA in English Literature from Brooklyn College, and MPH, with an emphasis in Global Public Health--Health Promotion & Disease Prevention from New York University. Finally, Dorice is a fellow of the New Academy of Medicine whose members are distinguished professionals in the medical and health professions embodying the highest levels of achievement and leadership in urban health.
- Evidence-based Medicine to Evidence-based Public Health
Two integrated frameworks demonstrating how to translate evidence-based practice (a clinical approach) to evidence-based public health.
- House Staff Guide to Library Resources/GME
This guide is for NYU Langone House Staff, Residency Directors and GME Administrators to assist House Staff in meeting the ACGME Practice-based Learning and Improvement competency goals 6, 7 and 8.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
This guide is intended to assist faculty, residents, students and those who have an interest in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Rogers, April J; Xia, Kevin; Soe, Kyaw; Sexias, Azizi; Sogade, Felix; Hutchinson, Barbara; Vieira, Dorice; McFarlane, Samy I; Jean-Louis, Girardin. Obstructive Sleep Apnea among Players in the National Football League: A Scoping Review. Journal of sleep disorders & therapy. 2017:6(5):-.
- Dion, Gregory R; Teng, Stephanie; Boyd, Leslie R; Northam, Antonia; Mason-Apps, Charlotte; Vieira, Dorice; Amin, Milan R; Branski, Ryan C. Adjuvant Human Papillomavirus Vaccination for Secondary Prevention: A Systematic Review. JAMA otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 2017:143(6):614-622.
- Wallace, Douglas M; Williams, Natasha J; Sawyer, Amy M; Jean-Louis, Girardin; Aloia, Mark S; Vieira, Dorice L; Wohlgemuth, William K. Adherence to positive airway pressure treatment among minority populations in the US: A scoping review. Sleep medicine reviews. 2017:38:56-69.
- Halkitis, Perry N; Krause, Kristen D; Vieira, Dorice L. Mental Health, Psychosocial Challenges and Resilience in Older Adults Living with HIV. Interdisciplinary topics in gerontology & geriatrics. 2017:42:187-203.
- Parikh, Manish; Liu, Jennifer; Vieira, Dorice; Tzimas, Demetrios; Horwitz, Daniel; Antony, Andrew; Saunders, John K; Ude-Welcome, Akuezunkpa; Goodman, Adam. Preoperative Endoscopy Prior to Bariatric Surgery: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the Literature. Obesity surgery. 2016:26(12):2961-2966.
- Williams, Renee; White, Pascale; Nieto, Jose; Vieira, Dorice; Francois, Fritz; Hamilton, Frank. Colorectal Cancer in African Americans: An Update. Clinical & translational gastroenterology. 2016:7(7):e185-e185.
- Iwelunmor, Juliet; Blackstone, Sarah; Veira, Dorice; Nwaozuru, Ucheoma; Airhihenbuwa, Collins; Munodawafa, Davison; Kalipeni, Ezekiel; Jutal, Antar; Shelley, Donna; Ogedegebe, Gbenga. Toward the sustainability of health interventions implemented in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review and conceptual framework. Implementation science : IS. 2016:11(1):43-43.
- Aggarwal, Saurabh; Nadeem, Rashid; Loomba, Rohit S; Nida, Mahwish; Vieira, Dorice. The Effects of Continuous Positive Airways Pressure Therapy on Cardiovascular End Points in Patients With Sleep-Disordered Breathing and Heart Failure: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Clinical cardiology. 2014:37(1):57-65.
- Williams, Jeff; McCrillis, Aileen; McGowan, Richard; Nicholson, Joey; Surkis, Alisa; Thompson, Holly; Vieira, Dorice. Leveraging technology and staffing in developing a new liaison program. Medical reference service quarterly. 2014:33(2):157-166.
- Vieira, Dorice; McGowan, Richard; McCrillis, Aileen; Lamb, Ian; Larson, Catherine; Bakker, Theodora; Spore, Stuart. The Faculty Bibliography Project at the NYU School of Medicine. Journal of librarianship & scholarly communication. 2014:2.