Dorice Vieira is the NYU Health Sciences Library liaison to Graduate Medical Education and the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. She also coordinates clinical outreach for those interested in incorporating evidence-based practice during clinical rounds and conferences. Her support includes evidence-based practice instruction, collaboration in systematic, narrative and other review-type research, and using such tools as EndNote, Google applications, etc. for “knowledge informatics” support. Dorice is also a faculty member of two NIH-funded training grants in the Department of Population Health: The Program to Increase Diversity Among Individuals Engaged in Health-Related Research (PRIDE) in the Behavioral Medicine & Sleep Disorders Research and the NYU/University of Ghana Cardiovascular Research Training Institute (CaRT) funded by NIH/Fogarty International Center. She is an associated faculty member in the College of Global Public Health and teaches the Global Public Health Informatics course.
She received her MLS from the University of Pittsburgh, MA in English Literature from Brooklyn College, and MPH, with an emphasis in Global Public Health--Health Promotion & Disease Prevention from New York University. Finally, Dorice is a fellow of the New Academy of Medicine whose members are distinguished professionals in the medical and health professions embodying the highest levels of achievement and leadership in urban health.
- 2019 Opioid Symposium
- Evidence-based Medicine to Evidence-based Public Health
Two integrated frameworks demonstrating how to translate evidence-based practice (a clinical approach) to evidence-based public health.
- House Staff Guide to Library Resources/GME
This guide is for NYU Langone House Staff, Residency Directors and GME Administrators to assist House Staff in meeting the ACGME Practice-based Learning and Improvement competency goals 6, 7 and 8.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
This guide is intended to assist faculty, residents, students and those who have an interest in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Meltzer, Gabriella Y; Watkins, Beverly-Xaviera; Vieira, Dorice; Zelikoff, Judith T; Boden-Albala, Bernadette. A Systematic Review of Environmental Health Outcomes in Selected American Indian and Alaska Native Populations. Journal of racial & ethnic health disparities. 2020:-.
- Giwa, Al O; Milsten, Andrew; Vieira, Dorice L; Ogedegbe, Chinwe; Kelly, Kristen M; Schwab, Abraham P; Moskop, John C. "Run, Hide, Fight," or "Secure, Preserve, Fight": How Should Health Care Professionals and Facilities Respond to Active Shooter Incidents?. Academic emergency medicine. 2019:-.
- Donnelly, Megan R; Rezzadeh, Kevin T; Vieira, Dorice; Daar, David; Hacquebord, Jacques. Is one nerve transfer enough? A systematic review and pooled analysis comparing ulnar fascicular nerve transfer and double ulnar and median fascicular nerve transfer for restoration of elbow flexion after traumatic brachial plexus injury. Microsurgery. 2019:-.
- Robbins, R; Seixas, A; Walton, Masters L; Chanko, N; Diaby, F; Vieira, D; Jean-Louis, G. Sleep Tracking: a Systematic Review of the Research Using Commercially Available Technology. Current sleep medicine reports. 2019:5(3):156-163.
- Capasso, Ariadna; Ompad, Danielle C; Vieira, Dorice L; Wilder-Smith, Annelies; Tozan, Yesim. Incidence of Guillain-BarrÃ© Syndrome (GBS) in Latin America and the Caribbean before and during the 2015-2016 Zika virus epidemic: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS neglected tropical diseases. 2019:13(8):e0007622-.
- Rezzadeh, Kevin; Donnelly, Megan; Vieira, Dorice; Daar, David; Shah, Ajul; Hacquebord, Jacques. The extent of brachial plexus injury: an important factor in spinal accessory nerve to suprascapular nerve transfer outcomes. British journal of neurosurgery. 2019:1-4.
- Onakomaiya, Deborah; Gyamfi, Joyce; Iwelunmor, Juliet; Opeyemi, Jumoke; Oluwasanmi, Mofetoluwa; Obiezu-Umeh, Chisom; Dalton, Milena; Nwaozuru, Ucheoma; Ojo, Temitope; Vieira, Dorice; Ogedegbe, Gbenga; Olopade, Christopher. Implementation of clean cookstove interventions and its effects on blood pressure in low-income and middle-income countries: systematic review. BMJ open. 2019:9(5):e026517-.
- Robbins, Rebecca; Jackson, Chandra L; Underwood, Phoenix; Vieira, Dorice; Jean-Louis, Giradin; Buxton, Orfeu M. Employee Sleep and Workplace Health Promotion: A Systematic Review. American journal of health promotion. 2019:890117119841407-.
- Ojo, Temitope; Lester, Lynette; Iwelunmor, Juliet; Gyamfi, Joyce; Obiezu-Umeh, Chisom; Onakomaiya, Deborah; Aifah, Angela; Nagendra, Shreya; Opeyemi, Jumoke; Oluwasanmi, Mofetoluwa; Dalton, Milena; Nwaozuru, Ucheoma; Vieira, Dorice; Ogedegbe, Gbenga; Boden-Albala, Bernadette. Feasibility of integrated, multilevel care for cardiovascular diseases (CVD) and HIV in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs): A scoping review. PLoS one. 2019:14(2):e0212296-.
- Capasso, Ariadna; Ompad, Danielle C.; Vieira, Dorice L.; Wilder-Smith, Annelies; Tozan, Yesim. Incidence of Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) in Latin America and the Caribbean before and during the 2015-2016 Zika virus epidemic: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS neglected tropical diseases. 2019:13(8):-.