Dorice Vieira is the NYU Health Sciences Library liaison to Graduate Medical Education and the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. She also coordinates clinical outreach for those interested in incorporating evidence-based practice during clinical rounds and conferences. Her support includes evidence-based practice instruction, collaboration in systematic, narrative and other review-type research, and using such tools as EndNote, Google applications, etc. for “knowledge informatics” support. Dorice is also a faculty member of two NIH-funded training grants in the Department of Population Health: The Program to Increase Diversity Among Individuals Engaged in Health-Related Research (PRIDE) in the Behavioral Medicine & Sleep Disorders Research and the NYU/University of Ghana Cardiovascular Research Training Institute (CaRT) funded by NIH/Fogarty International Center. She is an associated faculty member in the College of Global Public Health and teaches the Global Public Health Informatics course.
She received her MLS from the University of Pittsburgh, MA in English Literature from Brooklyn College, and MPH, with an emphasis in Global Public Health--Health Promotion & Disease Prevention from New York University. Finally, Dorice is a fellow of the New Academy of Medicine whose members are distinguished professionals in the medical and health professions embodying the highest levels of achievement and leadership in urban health.
- 2019 Opioid Symposium
- Emergency MedicineThis guide offers tools and resources for finding health-related information in emergency medicine at NYU Langone Health.
- Evidence-based Medicine to Evidence-based Public HealthTwo integrated frameworks demonstrating how to translate evidence-based practice (a clinical approach) to evidence-based public health.
- House Staff Guide to Library Resources/GMEThis guide is for NYU Langone House Staff, Residency Directors and GME Administrators to assist House Staff in meeting the ACGME Practice-based Learning and Improvement competency goals 6, 7 and 8.
- Obstetrics & GynecologyThis guide is intended to assist faculty, residents, students and those who have an interest in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Correa-Gallego, Camilo; Miyasaka, Yoshihiro; Hozaka, Yuto; Nishino, Hitoe; Kawamoto, Makoto; Vieira, Dorice L; Ohtsuka, Takao; Wolfgang, Christopher. Surveillance after resection of non-invasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMN). A systematic review. Pancreatology. 2023:23(3):258-265.
- Gyamfi, Joyce; Tampubolon, Siphra; Lee, Justin Tyler; Islam, Farha; Ojo, Temitope; Opeyemi, Jumoke; Qiao, Wanqiu; Mai, Andi; Wang, Cong; Vieira, Dorice; Ryan, Nessa; Osei-Tutu, Nana H; Adenikinju, Deborah; Meda, Shreya; Ogedegbe, Gbenga; Peprah, Emmanuel. Characterisation of medical conditions of children with sickle cell disease in the USA: findings from the 2007-2018 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS). BMJ open. 2023:13(2):e069075-.
- Karbasi, Arvin; Fordjuoh, Judy; Abbas, Mentalla; Iloegbu, Chukwuemeka; Patena, John; Adenikinju, Deborah; Vieira, Dorice; Gyamfi, Joyce; Peprah, Emmanuel. An Evolving HIV Epidemic in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region: A Scoping Review. International journal of environmental research & public health. 2023:20(5):-.
- Stern, Jennifer I; Datta, Shae; Chiang, Chia-Chun; Garza, Ivan; Vieira, Dorice L; Robertson, Carrie E. Narrative review of migraine management in patients with renal or hepatic disease. Headache. 2023:63(1):9-24.
- Charifson, Mia A.; Vieira, Dorice; Shaw, Jacquelyn; Kehoe, Siobhan; Quinn, Gwendolyn P.. Why are Black individuals disproportionately burdened with uterine fibroids and how are we examining this disparity? A systematic review. F&S reviews. 2022:3(
- Marshall, Vanessa; Vieira, Dorice; McLaurin-Jones, TyWanda; Lashley, Maudry-Beverley. Examining alcohol interventions across the lifespan among the African diaspora: A systematic review. Journal of the National Medical Association. 2022:114(5):473-494.
- Bayefsky, Michelle; Vieira, Dorice; Caplan, Arthur; Quinn, Gwendolyn. Navigating parent-child disagreement about fertility preservation in minors: scoping review and ethical considerations. Human reproduction update. 2022:28(5):747-762.
- Robbins, Rebecca; Cole D O, Renee; Ejikeme, Chidera; Orstad, Stephanie L; Porten, Sima; Salter, Carolyn A; Sanchez Nolasco, Tatiana; Vieira, Dorice; Loeb, Stacy. Systematic review of sleep and sleep disorders among prostate cancer patients and caregivers: a call to action for using validated sleep assessments during prostate cancer care. Sleep medicine. 2022:94:38-53.
- Ryan, Nessa; Vieira, Dorice; Gyamfi, Joyce; Ojo, Temitope; Shelley, Donna; Ogedegbe, Olugbenga; Iwelunmor, Juliet; Peprah, Emmanuel. Development of the ASSESS tool: a comprehenSive tool to Support rEporting and critical appraiSal of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods implementation reSearch outcomes. Implementation science communications. 2022:3(1):34-.
- Murkey, Jamie A; Watkins, Beverly-Xaviera; Vieira, Dorice; Boden-Albala, Bernadette. Disparities in allostatic load, telomere length and chronic stress burden among African American adults: A systematic review. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2022:140:105730-.